Thursday, January 19, 2017

Cart full of Hearts

At Die Cut Diva's, Sasayaki Glitter is our sponsor for January, so enter those projects!

The Challenge this month is to make your project 
SENTIMENT FREE.

Sponsorship Badge

Here is my project:



I got to try out several new Christmas presents and new to me techniques. First, here are the materials I used-
  1. Image: Heart Bunny (Sasayaki Glitter), colored with Copics.
  2. Die: Inside & Out stitched circles (My Favorite Things), Christmas present!
  3. Paper: white cardstock, green dotted paper (stash)
  4.  Embellishments: shaker ingredients (stash), heart background paper (Copics)
The first technique I'm going to share with you is the heart background paper. This is very easy! I put a Bo-Bunny heart stencil on white cardstock, and used the Copic ABS-3 (with my new compressor) to "airbrush" the hearts. I love the effect! I did clean the stencil with plain old rubbing alcohol which removed 95% of the color-the blue was the stubborn color to try and get off. It didn't seem to harm the stencil in any way. The second technique was for the shaker pocket-I used my new Fuse for that. I had to experiment around with the Fuse to get a good seal, because I felt like going slower got better results. I used the perforating wheel to go around a circle die, and cut around the circle leaving a 1/2" allowance for attaching the circle pocket to the card. Then I popped the card off the base to allow room for the shaker (I know most of you have made shaker cards, but maybe some haven't!). And I used a recycled product envelope to make the shaker-so no more throwing those away!



Thanks for visting today.

1 comment: