Monday, April 22, 2013

3-D Challenge

The 3-D Challenge at FCCB got me thinking about my husband's birthday. I've made a card, but now I needed a masculine gift box.  So here is my project:


The cartridges I used were Artiste and Handy Man. I cut the box using Artiste at 5 1/2" out of black for the box, and a brushed silver for the cover. I used the Cuttlebug diamond plate embossing folder on the silver, because what man doesn't like diamond plate?  I used the drill in Handy Man cut at 2 1/2" and used pop dots to raise it off the cover.  My husband LOVES tools, so I used the colors to resemble his Makita drill!

This is going to be reused for Father's Day!

I'm also entering this at the Bitten by the Bug2 Man Up challenge.

EDITED: This is also being added to the Moxie Fab World Gift Container challenge!

Thanks for looking.

15 comments:

  1. I love your gift box - it's perfect! The embossing looks great on it. I'm sure your hubby will love it (and the gift inside, too! hehe). Thank you for joining us at FCCB this week!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little gift box. The embossing is perfect for this gut themed box. It really looks like something a guy would have. Thanks for joining the 3D challenge at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super box! I love the embossing on that silver panel, it's perfect for a tool box look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great box for a man and the diamond plate looks fab. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous box. Love the diamond plate. I love tools on projects. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous "MAN BOX" and I love the masculine embossing!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous box! I love the embossing-perfect for any man and of course all men or most men I know love, love their tools! lol You did a great "man-up" box and what a fabulous idea to reuse it for Father's Day!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome box! I love your embossing and the drill. That is such a great cut! Thanks for sharing at @BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great box!!! Love the embossing and that great drill!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Man Up' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-that embossing looks spectacular on the box! Perfect for a man box with a drill ;) Thanks for playing with us this week at BBTB2!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great box! The embossed background is perfect for this project! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect for that guy in your life. Thanks for sharing it with BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  13. great gift box i especially love the silver top :) thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :) and a happy bday to your hubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great masculine gift box! So creative to use the silver paper with the diamond plate embossing folder, I love it. Thanks for joining the challenge at Fantabulous Cricut this week.
    ~Rachel
    FCCB DT Member
    CricutwithHeart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete