Monday, December 2, 2013

FCCB Challenge #189-Beyond red or green!

At FCCB, the Challenge this week is to make a holiday project with no red or green. and here is my card-


The colors I chose is this light teal & gold. Teal cardstock is DCWV color stack, dotted teal is My Minds Eye Antique Dot stack, & white cardstock for the tag sentiment. The Gold Metal is old, but you can find thin sheets of metal at most craftstores. Gold Offray ribbon, silver brad.

A couple of weeks ago I posted a tutorial on how to emboss on metal, then showed my example. This is that sample! I used Trim The Tree to emboss a tree, then cut around it and used a paper piercer to add the star brad. Tags, Bags, and More cartridge was used to cut the sentiment tag. Martha Stewart Dark Teal was used to stamp the sentiment from a brand new Christmas set from Fiskars called Holiday Frolic. Ocean was inked around the tag, then gold ribbon added to attach it to the card.

The hills were inked with white chalk ink and attached to the base. When everything was glued down the tree was attached to the card with Uglue squares (awesome stuff-even works on leather).

I hope you give embossing on metal a try!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The teal and gold are so pretty together and your tree is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Love the colors used. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete