Sunday, June 4, 2017

Guest Designer at Quirky Crafts

I have been asked to be a guest designer over at Quirky Crafts Challenges for June, and the theme is Quirky Things with Wings. One of the sponsors is-



 I just love their images! I chose this butterfly for my project-




And one showing the foiling a bit better-


I got to playing with a new (to me) technique-foiling with a hot laminator. I printed up two butterflies on copy paper and took it to a print shop because they have a toner copier and I don't! I hadn't done it on colored paper and chose blue cardstock as my background. After I foiled the image I started decorating the butterfly with I-rock gold studs and a gold pen. After fussy cutting the image, I mounted it on white cardstock that had been embossed with Anna Griffins Acanthus folder. This isn't perfect, but Quirky! It really is prettier in person, as photographs don't show all the foiling very well.

Thanks for visiting, and have a great day!

1 comment: