Saturday, April 1, 2023

One in a Melon



Established in April 2014, Altenew has quickly become a leader in the inspiration industry and continues to innovate and influence the world of paper crafts. Altenew strives to encourage crafters to express their own unique creativity through the art of paper crafting.

The Challenge for this month is: Water Coloring


The Prize from Altenew

 

Here is my project-



I'm really happy over the background, which I made using the 24 pan watercolor set from Altenew! I struggle with watercolors, but I was really thrilled that the watermelons from Simple Fruit Set by Altenew looked so good on it. Thank you Cindy Chiu for that set! I used Pink Flamingo Distress Oxide ink for the melon, took a Q-Tip dipped in water and erased the rind, then stamped. I added the rind using a Ranger emboss pen and green embossing powder (Hampton Art), and cut them out with the matching die set. The sentiment was also part of the set.

Now enter the challenge for that same set of watercolors I used-they are a $49.99 value!

 


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous background, Michelle, and it's perfect for your trio of melon slices!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card with such a nice soft background for the watermelons. Great sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete