Monday, September 23, 2013

Exploring Cricut "In the Kitchen"

At Exploring Cricut the challenge this week is to make a project with a Kitchen theme. I used "From My Kitchen" to dress up a recipe box & apron from Target.



The top picture is the most accurate color of the recipe box-I don't know why it came out so dark on the individual pictures...

I used a light & medium chartreuse cardstock, and a little piece of orange yellow that is on the measuring cup. Here are the sizes-
  1. Recipes, page 43, cut @ 2 1/2"
  2. Oven Mitt, page 53, cut @ 3"
  3. Hot Pad, page 52, cut @ 3"
  4. Measuring Cups, page 47 , cut @ 2 1/2"
For the apron-I didn't have my Heat N Bond available, so I tried Pellon Wonder Under to cut the fabric with-it freakin' didn't work! I've cut GOBS of fabric with Heat N Bond, but since I was out-what to do? A light bulb went off (dim, to be sure) and I cut the cleaver at 8" with the thinnest paper out of my OMGWWIT (oh my gosh, what was I thinking) stash and used it as a pattern to cut the fabric out. After fusing a rectangle to resemble a cutting board I fused the cleaver and zig zagged the edges. Voila!
 I'm pretty sure I'll never have trouble finding this!

So get busy with a Kitchen themed project and enter the Exploring Cricut Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! This would be a fantastic project for a wedding shower or any gift for a new cook. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea Michelle! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! So bright and fun:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful apron and I love the recipe box!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would make a super gift-very creative! I'm busy imagining all the ways to personalize the apron...love it!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally laughed when I read your crafting story! I think it turned out amazing and well worth the effort...Awesome job! Love that box and apron.

    ReplyDelete